Obesity is not just about how you look or how it makes you feel. There is a lot more going on with the body of someone who is overweight than what meets the eye. There are a lot of health problems that a person can develop due to obesity. However, as you will soon find out, obesity can also leave you impotent. So let’s get to it. The following are some of the health issues related to obesity that can leave you impotent:
- Low Testosterone Levels – A study published in 2008 concluded that having an increased waistline of 4 inches can leave you impotent due to the highly increased chance of having low testosterone levels. Testosterone plays a huge part in male impotence, too little of it and your sex life will not go so well.
- Cardiovascular Disease – Obesity also affects you at a cardiovascular level. Since this affects the flow of blood to the penis, it is another reason that obesity can leave you impotent. Without good blood circulation to your groin area, you’re more likely to be limp when you need to get it up.
- Nitric Oxide Deficit – Nitric Oxide is very important for healthy erections. Medications for impotence, such as Viagra and Cialis, work by enhancing the Nitric Oxide in the arteries that pump blood to the penis. This enhances the blood flow to your man area and improves erections. Unfortunately, obesity can leave you impotent due to this too, since obese men produce less Nitric Oxide than their slimmer counterparts.
- Diabetes – Obesity can also leave you impotent due to diabetes. Diabetes can damage nerves and blood vessels that control erections. This is not good because men need to have healthy blood vessels, nerves, sexual desires and testosterone to achieve a good erection. This means that even if you have a healthy sexual appetite and good testosterone levels, you could still have trouble getting hard due to nerve and blood vessel damage caused by Diabetes.
- Low self-esteem – Low self-esteem can also result from obesity, not just because of your looks, but also because of the diminished testosterone levels. Since low testosterone levels could leave you experiencing a decline in energy, low libido and depressed. These factors further strengthen the possibilities of developing low self-esteem. Having low self-esteem can have a huge effect on your sex life due to diminished sexual appetite and mental barriers that prevent you from achieving a good erection.
Those are just some of the health issues caused by obesity that show how obesity can leave you impotent, but there are a lot more health issues than just that. If you are overweight or feel like you’re quickly heading that way, the recommended thing to do is to acquire a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and implement some natural male-enhancement supplements into your daily routine. This will aid you in slimming down and achieving rock hard erections in a completely safe and natural way. Plus, it’s great for your overall health too!